Information for Parents 2017
Information for parents on understanding the information given on National Test results
National Reading and Numeracy
Profion Darllen a Rhifedd Cenedlaetho
National Tests 2018 will take place between the 2nd - 9th May.
Children in years 2 to 9 now take national tests. It is important that your child is in school for these tests
Information for Parents
There are two kinds of numeracy tests.
- Procedural test that measures skills in number, measuring and data
- Reasoning that measures how well the children can use what the know to solve everyday problems
Procedural Test Samples
Reasoning Sample Tests
- Year 2, Sample Reasoning PowerPoint, Carnival Floats.pdf
- Year 2, Reasoning Sample Materials.pdf
- Year 3, Sample Reasoning PowerPoint, Sping the Spy.pdf
- Year 3, Reasoning Sample Materials.pdf
- Year 4, Sample Reasoning PowerPoint, Snakes & Ladders.pdf
- Year 4, Reasoning Sample Materials.pdf
- Year 5, Sample Reasoning PowerPoint, Dinosaur footprints.pdf
- Year 5, Reasoning Sample Materials.pdf
- Year 6, Sample Reasoning PowerPoint, How do they know.pdf
- Year 6, Reasoning Sample Materials.pdf
The reading tests are made up of short questions based on two or more texts. Some of the questions check how well the text has been understood, others aim to find out if children are able to make judgements about what they are reading.
Reading Sample Tests